    to Rational Rose, preferably a Java based tools.

    any recommendation?

    ~manchi

    manchi, Jan 4, 2004

  2. On Mon, 05 Jan 2004 02:59:50 +0800, manchi <> wrote:
    >I am looking for an open source CASE tools that is used an althernative
    >to Rational Rose, preferably a Java based tools.
    >
    >any recommendation?

    http://www.argouml.org

    HTH,
    Andreas

    --
    itfreelance.de - the solutions community
    http://www.itfreelance.de

    Andreas Rueckert, Jan 4, 2004

  3. manchi <> writes:

    > I am looking for an open source CASE tools that is used an althernative
    > to Rational Rose, preferably a Java based tools.

    ArgoUML: http://argouml.tigris.org/

    I recommend installing via Web Start so that you automatically can get
    updates etc.

    Tor Iver Wilhelmsen, Jan 4, 2004
  4. manchi

    Rick Osborn Guest

    manchi <> wrote in message news:<050120040259500809%>...
    > I am looking for an open source CASE tools that is used an althernative
    > to Rational Rose, preferably a Java based tools.
    >
    > any recommendation?
    >
    > ~manchi

    visual paradigm may be another (visual-paradigm.com)
    i think it's java based. (looks it)
    integrates with netbeans, eclipse, etc, too.

    Rick Osborn, Jan 5, 2004
  5. manchi

    manchi Guest

    In article <>, Rick
    Osborn <> wrote:

    > manchi <> wrote in message
    > > I am looking for an open source CASE tools that is used an althernative
    > > to Rational Rose, preferably a Java based tools.
    > >
    > > any recommendation?
    > >
    > > ~manchi

    > visual paradigm may be another (visual-paradigm.com)
    > i think it's java based. (looks it)
    > integrates with netbeans, eclipse, etc, too.

    visual-paradigm.com looks very cool! thanks

    manchi, Jan 6, 2004
  6. manchi

    nos Guest

    "Andreas Rueckert" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 05 Jan 2004 02:59:50 +0800, manchi <> wrote:
    > >I am looking for an open source CASE tools that is used an althernative
    > >to Rational Rose, preferably a Java based tools.
    > >
    > >any recommendation?

    > http://www.argouml.org
    >
    > HTH,
    > Andreas
    >
    > --
    > itfreelance.de - the solutions community
    > http://www.itfreelance.de

    Does argouml have so called "round trip"?
    It means that you start with some diagrams
    produced by the tool, then add your code,
    then you can go back to the tool and change/add
    the diagrams.

    nos, Jan 6, 2004