Any url with documents, articles about how to study Rhtml?

Wesley Chen

I am new to Rails and I would like to study the Rhtml grammar and practice
the basic elements in Rhtml. But I can't find enough resource for my study.

Would any guys show some great blog or documents or articles to me?

Any suggestion would be quite appreciated.

Thanks.
Wesley Chen.

Phlip

I am new to Rails and I would like to study the Rhtml grammar and practice
the basic elements in Rhtml. But I can't find enough resource for my
study.

What did Google tell you about them?

Tip: Also seek "eRB" - that's the usual language for *.html.erb files...

Wesley Chen

Thanks to Phlip, I still can't find any useful resource when I search "ERB"
by google.
Any other suggestion?
I want a book talking about rhtml, with most of the tags included.

Thanks.
Wesley Chen.

zagman

[Note:  parts of this message were removed to make it a legal post.]

I am new to Rails and I would like to study the Rhtml grammar and practice
the basic elements in Rhtml. But I can't find enough resource for my study.

Would any guys show some great blog or documents or articles to me?

Any suggestion would be quite appreciated.

Thanks.
Wesley Chen.

Check out the thread 'learning ruby' I just posted

David Masover

I want a book talking about rhtml, with most of the tags included.

No you don't. That would be a horrible book.

Here's what ERB is:

<% some ruby code %>

That will evaluate the string "some ruby code" as Ruby.

<%= some ruby code %>

That will evaluate the string "some ruby code" as Ruby, and insert its return
value into the document.

That is it. That's all. You can play with this in Rails by creating a .txt.erb
document and inserting those tags into it -- obviously, with real Ruby,
instead of just the text "some ruby code".

Everything else you see in an "RHTML" document is HTML, not ERB. There is
nothing magic about RHTML -- it is simply the combination of HTML and ERB.

So, what you probably want is a book on HTML and CSS before you even start
with Rails. You might also want a book on just Ruby, before you try Rails.

Also, this list is about Ruby, not Rails. If you have Rails-specific questions,
you should ask the Rails list.