Any way to switch easily between JDKs

ReeeYeees

I have to use JDK 1.4.2 for some developmen tasks at work and JDK 1.5
for others. Each time I want to switch I have to edit my ENV settings
in win2003 server and change the PATH and JAVA_HOME variables.

Is there any program that can switch these for me with a click of a
button?

Thanks!

Lew

I have to use JDK 1.4.2 for some developmen tasks at work and JDK 1.5
for others. Each time I want to switch I have to edit my ENV settings
in win2003 server and change the PATH and JAVA_HOME variables.

Is there any program that can switch these for me with a click of a
button?

Invoke through .bat files that set the envars for you.

In Linux (most distros) there is such a mechanism, "alternatives". It's not a
click of a button, but it's almost that slick. (You have to issue a command.)

If you use an IDE like NetBeans, it'll handle the switch for you. You tell
the project properties which Java version to target for each project.

Cameron

I'm developing through RAD (same as Eclipse), I'll have to check the
options in there. Maybe it can easily overwrite the default environment
settings depending on which project I'm working. Nice idea, thanks!

Lew

Cameron said:
I'm developing through RAD (same as Eclipse), I'll have to check the
options in there. Maybe it can easily overwrite the default environment
settings depending on which project I'm working. Nice idea, thanks!

I use RAD at work. It has options in its preferences to identify all the JVMs
on your system, and use the right one for each project. (As does its core,
Eclipse).

Arne Vajhøj

Cameron said:
I'm developing through RAD (same as Eclipse), I'll have to check the
options in there. Maybe it can easily overwrite the default environment
settings depending on which project I'm working.

Eclipse:

window
preferences
java