any way to upgrade javamail APIs in J2EE ?

bogiebog

Hi

I am struggling to upgrade javmail to 1.4.x under J2EE 1.4 setup (J2EE
1.3 ships with javmail 1.3.x)
I have an email message that has encoded word in attachment filename
Under javamail 1.4 one can set the system property (w/o modifying the
code)
mail.mime.decodefilename=true to automatically have javamail decode
filenames.

an encoded filename in content-disposition may look like this
=?utf-8?q?Blat=20First=20test12-11-2007=2008;39;34PM.gif?=

I downloaded 1.4.1 javamail and placed javamail141.jar at the begining
of class path
....java ...-classpath javamail141.jar;...other-jar-and-dirs

when I set property mail.debug=true
I can see the log entry
DEBUG: JavaMail version 1.4.1

but setting property -Dmail.mime.decodefilename=true dont seem to be
working
the Part.getFileName() returns encoded filename :(

I know the mail.mime.decodefilename is set in the runtime (println)
but is seems that is not respected by javmail layer.

I am not sure but I suspect there is some conflict/clash/mixup between
javamail classes from J2EE jars and
jar I just installed - as some javamail class files are taken from
J2EE distro (1.3 javamail version)
and some from jar I just installed (javmail 1.4.1 version)

I am trying to avoide any code changaes and want to fix this (encoded
filename)
with config changes only (namely upgrade to javamail 1.4.1 and set
system property)

anybody has any idea what might be going on here ?

I do appreciate any help/advice

Bog

Roedy Green

I am struggling to upgrade javmail to 1.4.x under J2EE 1.4 setup (J2EE
1.3 ships with javmail 1.3.x)

Scan your disk for any sign of the old Jars. Delete them.