any way to upload multiple files per time?

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by mark4asp, Sep 18, 2003.

  1. mark4asp

    mark4asp Guest

    aspSmartUpload which worked well for me and was free

    <http://www.aspsmart.com/aspSmartUpload/>

    and it looks like it's still around.

    x. zhang, Sep 18, 2003

  3. mark4asp

    Ray at Guest

    Ray at, Sep 18, 2003
  4. mark4asp

    x. zhang Guest

    x. zhang, Sep 18, 2003
  5. mark4asp

    Tom B Guest

    You can always write an ActiveX component. There are limitations though
    1) Your users will have to trust your component.
    2) Your users will have to have a browser that works with ActiveX

    Tom B, Sep 18, 2003
  6. mark4asp

    Tom B Guest

    He wants a single input which will take multiple files.

    Tom B, Sep 18, 2003
  7. mark4asp

    James Monroe Guest

    You certainly can but yes, you will need an applet that runs a non native
    file picker allowing more than one file or a folder to be selected from the
    browser....etc etc The user will have to agree to the applet accessing their
    local hard drive and of course be running a suitable browser.
    (This shouldnt be a big deal if they really want to use such a feature.. and
    you explain to them what is going on)

    I do belive you can even gets the applets signed through verisign should you
    go that far.

    As for builing your own applet.
    Since this is file uploading and rather complex most likely you'll need to
    buy one and they are rather expensive.
    Building one on your own would probably be a nightmare and there would
    certainly be bugs with various things. Browser versions/mac issues etc etc

    This page I found mentions the multiple file upload issue and also links to
    a couple commerical products that handle it.

    http://www.cjwsoft.com/aspgallery/pro_add_ons_safileup_multi.asp

    James Monroe, Sep 21, 2003