Anyone heard of validatorhookupcontrol?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Alan Silver, Feb 16, 2006.

  1. Alan Silver

    Alan Silver Guest

    Hello,

    I was reading an MSDN article on validation, and it mentioned the
    validatorhookupcontrol client side API as enabling you to hook up more
    than one control to a validator.

    I just checked the SDK, and couldn't find such an API. I then searched
    MSDN and MSDN2 and only found one reference to it, from the article I
    had just read.

    Anyone know anything about this? Was it in a beta and then dropped?

    Is there any way to hook up two controls to one validator? I have been
    looking for this for some time and thought I'd struck gold!!

    TIA

    --
    Alan Silver

    Alan Silver, Feb 16, 2006

  2. Alan Silver

    Peter Blum Guest

    If you only want one additional control to hookup, the CompareValidator has
    an infrastructure that we can take advantage of. It needs to handle the
    ControlToCompare property.

    So on your validator, do this:
    Validator1.Attributes.Add("controlhookup", OtherTextBox.ClientID)
    (Be sure to use lowercase on "controlhookup".)

    --- Peter Blum
    www.PeterBlum.com
    Email:
    http://www.peterblum.com/vam/home.aspx

    Peter Blum, Feb 16, 2006

  3. Alan Silver

    Alan Silver Guest

    Thanks Peter, that's exactly what I wanted.

    In article <>, Peter Blum
    <> writes

    --
    Alan Silver