Anyone use PipeTen.com for asp.net hosting?

Bobby Edward

Anyone use PipeTen.com (UK) for asp.net hosting? Any thoughts on it?

They offer UNLIMITED domains/websites which is nice.

Please let me know.

George

you can create SQL statement like that

string sSql = "EXEC spProc1;EXEC spProc2;";
and call it as you usually call as if it were INSERT statement.

If they return recordsets then you call as if it were SELECT statements.
Although you would need to use SqlDataReader.NextResult to get to spProc2
recordset.

George.

carl.heaton

not serious for serious projects

That's UNLIMITED *websites hosted* on a shared service. The service
has limitations on other aspects of the accounts (such as web, db,
data transfer/bandwidth, etc) so it's not the crazy kind of UNLIMITED-
everything you'll find with other hosts.

Sure you have to run within Medium Trust and there's a fair use
applied to pool memory but it is serious hosting and very versatile
for people wishing to host lots of small/medium websites.

For clarity/openness, I am an employee of Pipe Ten Hosting.

Guest

Any host which claims that they offer unlimited anything can be safely
ignored...

In fact only domains/websites are unlimited there, but what can you do
with limited traffic, 1-10Gb space and 50-100 Mb database? :) It
might be useful for few small sites only, not more...

carl.heaton

In fact only domains/websites are unlimited there, but what can you do
with limited traffic, 1-10Gb space and 50-100 Mb database? :) It
might be useful for few small sites only, not more...

Indeed, shared hosting has its place in the market (as do larger VPS
and dedicated solutions), but you'd be surprised at the leanness of
many generic/CMS based .NET sites.

carl.heaton

carl.heaton aka Bobby Edward? :)

Nope, we've been going since 2002 and that mistake was made/learnt
from by a co-director back in 2003 (Google 'octane pipeten' and you'll
find it).
From: Google Alerts <[email protected]>
To: (e-mail address removed)
Subject: Google Alert - pipeten
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2009 22:45:45 +0000 (23:45 BST)
Anyone use pipeten.com for asp.net hosting?
Bobby Edward (e-mail address removed) microsoft public dotnet framework aspnet Anyone use pipeten.com (UK) for asp.net hosting? Any thoughts on it? ...
microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet - Apr 24, 2009 by - 1 message - 1 author

Google Alerts FTW

Bobby Edward

What? LOL - he's definitely not me LOL

Thanks for the input folks!