Anything Like Homesite on the market nowadays?

Discussion in 'HTML' started by x0054, Dec 3, 2007.

  1. x0054

    x0054 Guest

    I have been out of business for few years now. I am starting a small
    company now and decided to do our web design. Any way, I know html, java,
    css, php and all the other related stuff really well, so not looking for
    WYSIWUG. I am looking for something like a gutted version of Dreamweaver.

    Dreamweaver is awesome for code, though it's PHP support is limited, but
    all the WYSIWUG stuff, and the endless amount of wizards and useless tools
    they stuck into that software are slowing it way down. What I am looking
    for is a notepad with really good autocomplete features, on par with
    Dreamweaver. I want to be able to type things like `<div style="color: `
    and have the program popup a color dialog, is that too much to ask? :(

    I tried a few, and none are really as good as DW, though Zend comes very
    close. Zend is awesome for php, and if it had full CSS support I would
    never use anything else. It's lean and perfect for PHP, which is what I do
    90% of the time any way. But for HTML templates I am still stuck with DW,
    and now with CS3 copy of it it's more annoying then ever before.

    Any suggestions?

    - Bogdan

    x0054, Dec 3, 2007

  2. x0054

    JohnW-Mpls Guest

    On 03 Dec 2007 07:57:52 GMT, x0054 <> wrote:

    >I have been out of business for few years now. I am starting a small
    >company now and decided to do our web design. Any way, I know html, java,
    >css, php and all the other related stuff really well, so not looking for
    >WYSIWUG. I am looking for something like a gutted version of Dreamweaver.
    >
    >Any suggestions?
    >
    > - Bogdan

    How about Homesite - I'm still using 5.5 with great satisfaction. Try
    Adobe - they might still be able to supply Homesite - it was part of
    their MacroMedia purchase. I'd send you a copy of mine if such is not
    illegal - for obsolete products.

    An close alternate is EditPad Pro. I use it all the time for regular
    text but the HTML color scheme is good. I don't about tag data - I do
    all my tag and css selections independent of the editor.

    --
    JohnW-Mpls

    JohnW-Mpls, Dec 3, 2007

  3. x0054

    BootNic Guest

    x0054 <> wrote:

    [snip]

    WeBuilder
    http://www.blumentals.net/webuilder/

    It is very similar to HomeSite, no where near the price or as hard on
    the system.

    --
    BootNic Monday December 3, 2007 10:07 AM
    When I was younger, I could remember anything, whether it had

    BootNic, Dec 3, 2007
  4. x0054

    The Major Guest

    In message <>, x0054
    <> writes
    >I have been out of business for few years now. I am starting a small
    >company now and decided to do our web design. Any way, I know html, java,
    >css, php and all the other related stuff really well, so not looking for
    >WYSIWUG. I am looking for something like a gutted version of Dreamweaver.
    >
    >Dreamweaver is awesome for code, though it's PHP support is limited, but
    >all the WYSIWUG stuff, and the endless amount of wizards and useless tools
    >they stuck into that software are slowing it way down. What I am looking
    >for is a notepad with really good autocomplete features, on par with
    >Dreamweaver. I want to be able to type things like `<div style="color: `
    >and have the program popup a color dialog, is that too much to ask? :(
    >
    >I tried a few, and none are really as good as DW, though Zend comes very
    >close. Zend is awesome for php, and if it had full CSS support I would
    >never use anything else. It's lean and perfect for PHP, which is what I do
    >90% of the time any way. But for HTML templates I am still stuck with DW,
    >and now with CS3 copy of it it's more annoying then ever before.

    TopStyle Pro -- by the same author as Homesite.
    http://www.newsgator.com/Individuals/TopStyle/Default.aspx
    --
    Chris Hughes
    "There are two kinds of people, those who finish what they start and so on."

    The Major, Dec 3, 2007