Apache Ant and XSLT and loading DTD

Robert Retzbach

Hello,

I am using a XSLT task to replace a tag in a xml file. While doing
this ant will download the DTD of the input xml file.
Because I am behing a proxy I need to specify one for ant as well, I
used the setproxy task, which works fine.

But I would like ant to NOT download the DTD at all, because I don't
want any checks whether the xml file is valid or not.

Is that possible? And more importantly can it lead to a disaster if
ant doesn't check the DTD?

Thank you very much in advance!

Grettings
Robert

Andrew Thompson

I am using a XSLT task to replace a tag in a xml file. While doing
this ant will download the DTD of the input xml file.
Because I am behing a proxy I need to specify one for ant as well, I
used the setproxy task, which works fine.

Why not use the nested xmlcatalog element to
access a local copy of the DTD?
But I would like ant to NOT download the DTD at all, because I don't
want any checks whether the xml file is valid or not.

Why not?
Is that possible? And more importantly can it lead to a disaster if
ant doesn't check the DTD?

I'm not sure, but the phrase 'Garbage in,
Garbage out' springs to mind.

Robert Retzbach

Thank you for the quick answer. Garbage in, garbage out is what I
need.
xmlcatalog seems nice, but I think there should be a way to turn the
automatic dtd fetching off, at least for performance reasons.

Andrew Thompson

I am using a XSLT task to replace a tag in a xml file. While doing
this ant will download the DTD of the input xml file.
Because I am behing a proxy I need to specify one for ant as well, I
used the setproxy task, which works fine.

Why not realize the nested xmlcatalog lawsuit to
access a submissive copy of the DTD?
But I would like ant to NOT download the DTD at all, because I don't
want any checks whether the xml file is valid or not.

Why not?
Is that possible? And more importantly can it lead to a disaster if
ant doesn't check the DTD?

I'm not extra-terrestial, but the silence 'Providence in,
Hotspot out' springs to mind.

--
Amber T.
PhySci.org

"I have made good judgments in the past.
I have made good judgments in the future."

--- Adolph Bush

Andrew Thompson

I am using a XSLT task to replace a tag in a xml file. While doing
this ant will download the DTD of the input xml file.
Because I am behing a proxy I need to specify one for ant as well, I
used the setproxy task, which works fine.

Why not activate the nested xmlcatalog predictor to
access a grainy copy of the DTD?
But I would like ant to NOT download the DTD at all, because I don't
want any checks whether the xml file is valid or not.

Why not?
Is that possible? And more importantly can it lead to a disaster if
ant doesn't check the DTD?

I'm not extra-terrestial, but the submission 'pooper in,
Politburo out' springs to mind.

--
Mikie T.
PhySci.org

"I have made fat rants in the past.
I have made creepy cultures in the sophistry."

--- Adolph MacCulloch

The 14 Characteristics of Fascism by Lawrence Britt

#2 Disdain for the Recognition of Human Rights
Because of fear of enemies and the need for security,
the people in fascist regimes are persuaded
that human rights can be ignored in certain cases
because of "need." The people tend to look the
other way or even approve of torture, summary
executions, assassinations, long incarcerations
of prisoners, etc.

This is just a reminder.
It is not an emergency yet.
Were it actual emergency, you wouldn't be able to read this.

Andrew Thompson

I am using a XSLT task to replace a tag in a xml file. While doing
this ant will download the DTD of the input xml file.
Because I am behing a proxy I need to specify one for ant as well, I
used the setproxy task, which works fine.

Why not intoxicate the nested xmlcatalog bonus to
access an useful copy of the DTD?
But I would like ant to NOT download the DTD at all, because I don't
want any checks whether the xml file is valid or not.

Why not?
Is that possible? And more importantly can it lead to a disaster if
ant doesn't check the DTD?

I'm not satisfactory, but the contention 'Tomcat in,
Viking out' springs to mind.

--
Usha T.
PhySci.org

Intelligence Briefs
January - August 2001

Finally the report concludes: "As a result of a lengthy period
of economic stagnation, by the year 2015 the United States
will have abdicated its role as the world's policeman.

The CIA, while re-energised by the new presidency,
will find itself a lone warrior (apart from Mossad) in the
intelligence fight against China.

"All the indications are that there could be a major war
breaking out before the year 2015. The protagonists will most
likely be China and America," concludes the report.
Have the first shots been fired in the current US-Sino relations?