Apache Tomcat https link goes down but http works

Discussion in 'Java' started by zigzagdna, Jul 28, 2010.

  1. zigzagdna

    zigzagdna Guest

    I have setup a web suite in Apache Tomcat 5.5. Web site has lots of
    java software. I have both https and http. This is production system.

    We have given users to user https. https works for a few days but then
    when web site gives some "page not found access". However then I
    invoke http link; web site is up' why?
    Why http link brings up the application but https does not.

    Then when I restart Apache Tomcat https works again; same is true with
    http.

    Is this somekind of memory issue; i.e.; https sofwtare implenetaion
    has memory leaks etc? But then again if there are memeory issues, http
    link at that point should also give errors.

    This has happened several times; almost once every week.

    Any insights will be appreciated?
    zigzagdna, Jul 28, 2010

  2. zigzagdna

    Arne Vajhøj Guest

    On 28-07-2010 16:02, zigzagdna wrote:
    > I have setup a web suite in Apache Tomcat 5.5. Web site has lots of
    > java software. I have both https and http. This is production system.
    >
    > We have given users to user https. https works for a few days but then
    > when web site gives some "page not found access". However then I
    > invoke http link; web site is up' why?
    > Why http link brings up the application but https does not.
    >
    > Then when I restart Apache Tomcat https works again; same is true with
    > http.
    >

    > Is this somekind of memory issue; i.e.; https sofwtare implenetaion
    > has memory leaks etc? But then again if there are memeory issues, http
    > link at that point should also give errors.
    >
    > This has happened several times; almost once every week.
    >
    > Any insights will be appreciated?

    Any info in the log files?

    Arne
    Arne Vajhøj, Jul 29, 2010