Apache XMLRPC libs / v2.0 dependencies - quick solution?

toby

Hi group,

I have been working with the Apache XMLRPC library and found it very
easy to work with the client and server classes over HTTP. However,
when I attempted to implement a raw-socket transport, I found that the
JavaDocs on the web site were out of sync (described 2.0) with the
stable release (1.2). The stable release is missing many of the
documented classes.

So I downloaded the 2.0 source via CVS, figured out how to get Ant to
build it within Eclipse, got my code to build, but when it came to
building the xmlrpc classes was immediately plunged into dependency
Hell. So far I have tediously downloaded about a dozen individual
Avalon subprojects and integrated into the source tree... the end is
not in sight. Can anyone explain the proper simple way to go about
this. Is there a complete source archive for this stuff? I really want
the shortest way from point A to point B, the method I attempted (try
to build, note dependencies, download, integrate, repeat) is just
getting me nowhere.

It's blackly amusing since the raw socket code was just supposed to be
a very QUICK proof of concept.

TIA,
--Toby

Harish

the cvs have the eclipse project, .classpath and everything...did u try
that?
also the readme talks about compiling the project using eclipse IDE.
it also lists out the dependencies etc....check it...if you are lucky it'll
work...or may be its outdated....