applet frame

Matthijs Blaas

Andrew Thompson

Im expiriencing weird behaviour with JRE1.5 and a applet frame I'm using. On
Jre's <1.5 it works ok, but with the JRE1.5 the applet window will lose
focus imediatly after it pops up...

I have less experience with frames launched from applets, but I
*suspect* that it is foolhardy to depend on *any* 'default' behaviour.
<http://groups.google.com/[email protected]>

You might try using setAlwaysOnTop (1.5+), or starting a thread
that brings the Frame to front every nn milliseconds.

BTW. A better group for such matters is..
<http://www.physci.org/codes/javafaq.jsp#cljg>

HTH

Matthijs Blaas

You might try using setAlwaysOnTop (1.5+), or starting a thread
that brings the Frame to front every nn milliseconds.

While searching for more info about that method I found another one:
toFront()
I just call toFront() when the window listner receives a windowDeactivated
event. A nice side-effect is that if you click next to the frame it will
still stay on top.