Application Restart happens for each page

amolkasbekar

Hi All,
I have a asp.net application that I am migrating from 1.1 to 2.0.
The App runs fine in 1.1. My setup is Winxp with IIS5. However, when I
run the app in 2.0, IIS is doing an 'Application Restart' for every
new aspx page. This is causing application state to be lost. I added
code to Application_End method in the Global.ascx.cs to log the
application restart to event log and the message I am seeing from IIS
process is "Directory rename change notification". I moved the web log
file out of the web folder but still get the same error and the
message. I am not changing any directory names, writing, deleting or
changing any files in the web folder. I have a few aspx pages with the
code behind files in the App_Code folder. This project references other
projects which are in the same solution in VS2005. I am at my wits end
with this now .. Any pointers or guidance is very much appreciated.

Thanx in Advance,
Amol.

Mark Fitzpatrick

Do you have a virus scanner running? If so, have you made sure that it is
set not to scan the directories that contain your apps?

Hope this helps,
Mark Fitzpatrick
Microsoft MVP - Frontpage

amolkasbekar

I have turned off the virus scanner too. This is the message I get in
event log from the logging code I have added in Application_End event.

_shutDownMessage=Directory rename change notification for
'C:\CBORD\FMS_2005\UI\NetMenu'.
NetMenu dir change or directory rename
HostingEnvironment caused shutdown

_shutDownStack= at System.Environment.GetStackTrace(Exception e,
Boolean needFileInfo)
at System.Environment.get_StackTrace()
at System.Web.HttpRuntime.ShutdownAppDomain()
at System.Web.Hosting.HostingEnvironment.ShutdownThisAppDomainOnce()
at System.Web.Hosting.HostingEnvironment.InitiateShutdownWorkItemC

My web project is of type web site. There is no change to directory
names, no files added or deleted.

Amol.