    there is no request for 20 minutes ,dose the breakpoint works for me?

    Is there a document which can gives me more infomration in this behaviour?

    Thanks

    J-T, May 27, 2005

  2. J-T

    Scott Allen Guest

    Yes, the breakpoint should be hit. Are you saying the breakpoint is
    not being hit?

    --
    Scott
    http://www.OdeToCode.com/blogs/scott/

    Scott Allen, May 29, 2005

  3. J-T

    J-T Guest

    Yes Scott,
    I can not get the breakpoint to hit!!!I'm putting my application in the
    application pool of IIS 6.0 and set the shut down to for instance 5 minutes
    ,but after five minutes nothing happens!!!!

    Thanks Scott

    J-T, May 30, 2005
  4. J-T

    gabe garza Guest

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...us/cpgenref/html/gngrfsessionstatesection.asp
    <sessionState mode="Off|InProc|StateServer|SQLServer"
    cookieless="true|false"
    timeout="number of minutes"
    stateConnectionString="tcpip=server:port"
    sqlConnectionString="sql connection string"
    stateNetworkTimeout="number of seconds"/>

    timeout - Specifies the number of minutes a session can be idle before it is
    abandoned. The default is 20.

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dndotnet/html/introwebforms.asp
    Application_End - Fires when the last user in the site's session times out
    From the documentation Application_End ONLY FIRES when the LAST USER in
    the site's session times out, since the default value is 20 mintues once

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnpag/html/scalenetchapt15.asp
    I noticed this piece of code from the above link.

    protected void Application_End(Object sender, EventArgs e){
    //release the writer
    // Even if this doesn't execute, when the appdomain gets shutdown
    //it will be released anyways
    if(_writer!=null)
    _writer.Close();
    }

    Just by the wording in the comment section it seems that Application_End
    might not always get called on an app shutdown.

    gabe garza, May 31, 2005
  5. J-T

    J-T Guest

    I'm confused!!!!