Application_Error wierdness in asp.net development server (VS.Net 2005)

Larry

Here's an interesting one. This happens only in the asp.net server
that is launched from VS.Net 2005. In IIS it does not occur.

We placed a server.transfer call in our global.asax's
Application_Error. When an unhandled exception occurs, this works
fine.

However, we are seeing that on every page request (under asp.net
development server debug mode), that after the ProcessRequest for the
desired page, the Application_Error fires as well for some reason,
triggering a server.transfer and the ProcessRequest of our error page.

This does not happen when we attach to aspnet_wp.

Has anyone else seen this kind of behavior or have any remedy?