Are my pages getting cached or something? Help very much appreciated!

Simon

Hi everyone,

I'm using a repeater on a page of mine to display a list of hospitals
pending authorisation to take part in a trial.
When the user clicks a button it takes him/her to another page that allows
them to authorise the hospital. Now, when the user goes back to the previous
page (by following a link), the repeater still shows the (now authorised)
site when it shouldnt.

The problem fixes itself when I press refresh, which isn't very good because
it will confuse the end users and is a pain in the arse.

Can anyone tell me what to do to fix this? I doesnt seem to do this on my
other pages that do something similar. I havent set any caching options
because I don't know that much about it.

Thanks to anyone who can assist

Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP]

One technique to avoid this is to put the functionality of both pages (the
list and the authorizations) into one page and track which should be shown.
If the user tries to go "back" she goes to the page she is on except that
it gets new data.

Dealing with the Back button is one of the toughest issues in Web
development because as a developer, you can't control it - the user can.

Joerg Jooss

Ken said:
One technique to avoid this is to put the functionality of both pages
(the list and the authorizations) into one page and track which
should be shown. If the user tries to go "back" she goes to the page
she is on except that it gets new data.

Dealing with the Back button is one of the toughest issues in Web
development because as a developer, you can't control it - the user
can.

Actually, the poor guy on the browser development team who tries to figure
out what the authors of the HTTP spec *really* intended controls the back
button :p

Cheers,