are web services alive?

dimaarkhipov

About 3 years ago I have read Ibm wsad article named like "Are you
already started using(writing your own) Web services". Up to now I did
now see much activity in this direction
I assume that there are enough sites - users web services like amazon
and so on
But why there is almost no activity in this and other forums about
this topic?

My question is:
Which web services do you use(or your friends) as a client on your
site and which ones do you wrote and run on your site?

Thanks all

Arne Vajhøj

dimaarkhipov said:
About 3 years ago I have read Ibm wsad article named like "Are you
already started using(writing your own) Web services". Up to now I did
now see much activity in this direction
I assume that there are enough sites - users web services like amazon
and so on
But why there is almost no activity in this and other forums about
this topic?

My question is:
Which web services do you use(or your friends) as a client on your
site and which ones do you wrote and run on your site?

????

You find lots of questions about Axis in XFire in this forum.

I believe there are a list of public web services somewhere (check
http://www.xmethods.net).

But 10 times as many are developed for inhouse usage.

Arne

Lew

Arne said:
????

You find lots of questions about Axis in XFire in this forum.

I believe there are a list of public web services somewhere (check
http://www.xmethods.net).

But 10 times as many are developed for inhouse usage.

And some large number for specific inter-organization uses - not exactly
"public web services" but not in-house, either. For example, there are a
number of interagency web services in government usage, and inter-corporate
ones for the submission of certain insurance claims or orders for goods or
services. In many of these areas one encounters standardization efforts for
XML schemas to control such messages.