[ARTICLE] E4X with Ruby

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Daniel Berger, Sep 11, 2004.

  1. Daniel Berger, Sep 11, 2004

  2. Daniel Berger wrote:
    > I know E4X has been mentioned here in the past a couple times, but
    > it's been a while. It seemed pretty neat to me. Any thoughts?

    I like it, seems ideal for reading and writing configuration files in XML, or 'per
    file' XML records.

    Erik.

    Erik Terpstra, Sep 13, 2004

  3. Daniel Berger

    Hal Fulton Guest

    Erik Terpstra wrote:
    > Daniel Berger wrote:
    >
    >> I know E4X has been mentioned here in the past a couple times, but
    >> it's been a while. It seemed pretty neat to me. Any thoughts?

    > I like it, seems ideal for reading and writing configuration files in
    > XML, or 'per file' XML records.

    I like it, too... but I'm wondering about conflicts between XML names
    and existing Ruby methods. Or am I misunderstanding how it works?

    Hal

    Hal Fulton, Sep 13, 2004
  4. Daniel Berger ha scritto:

    > Hi all,
    >
    > I came across this article from Jack Herrington on E4X with Ruby:
    >
    > http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2004/08/12/ruby_e4x.html?page=1
    >
    > I know E4X has been mentioned here in the past a couple times, but
    > it's been a while. It seemed pretty neat to me. Any thoughts?

    I love the way rexml can be twisted. I wrote a SimpleXML-like interface
    (the new php library for parsing xml) in near to 30 lines, just like it
    was did with E4X.

    gabriele renzi, Sep 13, 2004
  5. Hal Fulton wrote:
    > I like it, too... but I'm wondering about conflicts between XML names
    > and existing Ruby methods. Or am I misunderstanding how it works?

    I am not sure either, I haven't read the article yet, but I already knew about E4X.

    Anyway, wouldn't the same problem occur with yaml?

    Erik.

    Erik Terpstra, Sep 13, 2004