Ruby Insider

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Carl Graff, Jan 23, 2008.

  1. Carl Graff

    Carl Graff Guest

    Hi All,

    I am new to this forum and have joined to assist and get assistance and
    find out about new Ruby stuff.

    I used to really enjoy the Ruby Insider but in my opinion that site
    seems to been taken over by Ruby haters. They are or course entitled to
    their opinion but there are a couple of people there (I resist the urge
    to list user names here) that try to post post 10 anit-ruby articles for
    every article that enlightens Ruby users about some aspect of th
    language. I am sooooo tired hearing about Zed and BabyCD that if I see
    one more post I think I'll puke.

    I don't know if others have found this to be true but if so please
    recommend sites or forums to me that are helpful not hateful.

    I must admit that (to me at least) Scala seems very promising and a lot
    of fun but if it's community is crowded with the same ilk trashing the
    Rails Inside site I don't know I want to hang with that crowd.

    Best,
    Carl

    Carl Graff, Jan 23, 2008

  2. Carl Graff

    James Britt Guest

    Carl Graff wrote:
    > Hi All,
    >
    > I am new to this forum and have joined to assist and get assistance and
    > find out about new Ruby stuff.

    Cool. Welcome to the ruby-talk mailing list.

    > I must admit that (to me at least) Scala seems very promising and a lot
    > of fun but if it's community is crowded with the same ilk trashing the
    > Rails Inside site I don't know I want to hang with that crowd.

    Can't change people, but you can be a good example.

    --
    James Britt

    "If you don't write it down, it never happened."
    - (Unknown)

    James Britt, Jan 24, 2008