'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xe4' in position 4: ordinalnot in range(128)

Discussion in 'Python' started by balavignesh, Nov 8, 2009.

  1. balavignesh

    balavignesh Guest

    Hello friends,

    I am using pyWPS + GRASS to generate the maps for the given
    request XML.
    As my requestxml contains scandinavian letters , i got the following
    error,

    " 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xe4' in position
    4: ordinal not in range(128) "

    The Request xml also contains encoding specification like

    Then i traced the pywps code and added the following line,

    inputXml = inputXml.encode("utf-8")

    But it gives the following error,

    'module' object has no attribute 'parsers'.

    Whats the wrong in my code? Do any one implemented the pywps with
    scandinavian letters successfully?

    Do i need to change anything on pywps part or request xml?

    Waiting for suggestions,

    Thanks & Regards,
    Bala

    balavignesh, Nov 8, 2009