ask for note keeper tomboy's style

LordMax

Hi to all.

I am new to python and I was asked to implement a system of notes in tomboy's style for my company.

As one of the requirements is the ability to synchronize notes between multiple PC (program level or through cloud-folder does not matter) I was wondering if there is something similar where I can work on.

Do you have any suggestions?

thank you very much

Michael Torrie

Hi to all.

I am new to python and I was asked to implement a system of notes in
tomboy's style for my company.

As one of the requirements is the ability to synchronize notes
between multiple PC (program level or through cloud-folder does not
matter) I was wondering if there is something similar where I can
work on.

Do you have any suggestions?

TomBoy is written in C#, so why not start hacking on its code directly.
True it uses GTK#, but that is available on Windows and OS X.

If you need to start from scratch, you will probably want to develop a
server system to keep all the notes. You can use any python web
framework you want for that, and SQL of some kind for the data. Just
develop an RPC api (using XMLRPC, SOAP, or REST) and then your clients
(be it browser-based or conventional apps) can interface with it over
that api.

You might also consider that there are numerous commercial packages that
already do most everything your company needs on a variety of platforms
including handhelds. For example, Evernote.

Good luck.