asp 2.0 accessing a linked server

Nathan

Hi,

Got a frustrating problem.

I have sql express, running on a 2k3 server on my network. i have created a
linked server to an access db located on the same server. The tables on the
linked server are setup as Views in an SQL database.

The files for my website are located on the same server as sql server. I
access them from my laptop via a network drive.

I have constructed a query using tables from my SQL database and the views
from the linked server using VWD Express. The query tests fine.
I bound the query to a gridview and started the debug using the local
webserver, all works fine.

I want to run it through the IIS on the same server as sql. So, the website,
sql server and the linked server Access DB are all on the same server.
When i run the asp page through IIS on the server i get the following error:
Cannot initialize the data source object of OLE DB provider
"Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0" for linked server "myaccessdb".
I can't work this one out. i thought if this senario would fail it would be
when i ran it from my workstaion. Everything is on the same server. Can
anyone give me any clues?