ASP 2.0 MasterPage with menu, menu appearing below content page

Randy Smith

Hi All,
I'm having trouble finding a solution to this problem with ASP 2.0. I'm
using MasterPages with a menu, and if the number of elements inside a level
within the menu is too long, the entries will appear UNDER the content page.

So, is there a property that I can set that will keep all the menu entries
ON TOP while the mouse cursor is hovering over it?

TIA, Randy Smith
(e-mail address removed)

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

How is the content set up?

Most likely you have a DIV tag in the content section with a high z order.
That is a common reason for menus dropping under the content.

I am currently using a transitional form of CSS on my pages, rather than
100% CSS with DIVs. It was more a learning curve issue for one of my
coworkers, but CSS for style and tables for layout works nicely with the
menu.

Randy Smith

Gregory,
You were right about the z-index. However, I removed all of them from my
content page, and after a few compiles and minor changes, they were back.
But, I think I have a solution to this. What do you think if I set the
z-index value for the menu around 900? Shouldn't that always place the menu
on top of everything else?

TIA,
Randy