ASP 2.0 Menu Control and javascript error when placed on a master

Guest

Hi,

I have placed a <asp:menu> control inside a master page and used a style
sheet to change the appearance of the menu items when the user hovers over
them. My problem is the submenus aren't poping out and the page displays a
javascript error saying "Object Expected".

The funny thing it works on my pc but not when I migrate it to the
production server.

Thanks
Onur.

Vadivel Kumar

Most of the time the "Object expected" happens due to wrong path to JS
file is specified in your aspx file. Check the "viewsource" thru the
browser and see whether the path goes correctly or not.

Since you have given more detail, I would like to suggest you to check
the same page using FireFox and check its Javascript console for the
errors. It can exactly tell you what are all the errors thrown out in JS
level.

Let us know if you can't solve the problem.

-
Vadivel Kumar
http://vadivelk.net

Guest

Thanks Vadivel,

That might explain a few things. I think it is one of 2 things:
1. I can't seem to find a Webreference.axd file with I assume will contain
the script needed
2. Or there is no script on the server contained in the folder where the
framwork scripts are located.

O.