ASP beginner

alanb

I try to run guestbook.aspx on page 26 of ASP.NET Unleashed byStephen
Walther.

I am supposed to see the input I put into USERNAME: Ruth
and Comments: "There are my comments"

at the bottom of the screen. But nothing happened.

There are other .aspx files that should work.

DisplayMessage.aspx....shows no buttons...
Dartboard.aspx .....no dartboard drawing...

I think something is wrong with the ASP FrameWork that was installed last
year. Can somebody tell me what is really wrong? Do I need to unistall and
then d/l again for reinstallation?

alan

alan

Bob Barrows

alanb said:
I try to run guestbook.aspx on page 26 of ASP.NET Unleashed byStephen
Walther.

This is a classic asp newsgroup. While you may be lucky enough to find a
dotnet-savvy person here who can answer your question, you can eliminate the
luck factor by posting your question to an appropriate group. I suggest

Rob Meade

I think something is wrong with the ASP FrameWork that was installed last
year. Can somebody tell me what is really wrong? Do I need to unistall and
then d/l again for reinstallation?

Hi Alan,

Before the regulars grab you and shake you for asking a .net question in a
vanilla ASP newsgroup (*chuckle*) - does the book not suggest which version
of the framework it requires to run?

The latest I believe should show as 1.1.4322 - you can check whether you
have this installed by checking

C:\Windows\Microsoft\Framework\

In there you may have 1.0.3705 (I think) or the 1.1.4322 (or maybe both!)..

Check these out..

Regards

Rob

alanb

I have same versions as you mentioned v1.1.4322
and v1.0.3795. Both. I saw install.exe and NETFXSBS10.exe in thd Framework
Folder. I am considering unistall it and install.exe. I suppose it will
handle NETFXSBS10.exe during the install process.

alanb

Classic? I thought it is new. But perhaps you hint that I should not post
here. I dont know where I am going but going back to the other group:
microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet at your suggestion. Also, I know
so little that I dont understand the difference between two groups. Maybe I
will later on.

alanb

It looks like My Microsoft .Net Framework (English) v1.0.3705
is corrupted. (Hope not my IIS 5.1) I wonder where and how I can download
this on my Windows XP? It is now in Add/Remove Programs List. I am
planning to unistall it. Will Windows Update reinstall Microsoft.Net
FrameWork?
I dont think it comes on CD Windows XP operating system because there is no
mentioning about the FrameWork.