asp controls display inconsistently

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by =?Utf-8?B?QmFyYg==?=, Feb 22, 2006.

  1. Has anyone seen this happen?

    I have pages with <asp:Textbox> and <asp:DropDownList> controls on them.
    Some of them display differently. Some are recessed with the left & top
    borders being gray (to look 3D). Some look flat w/ a light blue border all
    the way around. The dropdown lists all have light blue borders and look flat.
    ALL controls on the pages are coded to the default values. There are no
    commands to determine the border style or colors.

    What I need to do is make all of the controls look consistent. I don't
    understand why the default is not consistent. Can anyone shed light?
    THANKS!!

    Here's an example of 2 controls that I have...imagine an asp:table, and
    inside somewhere is this code. There are 2 textboxes. The first shows up w/
    a gray 3D border, and the 2nd is flat and light blue. This is in IE6.

    <asp:TableRow ID="trEmail">
    <asp:TableCell HorizontalAlign="Right" Runat="Server"
    ID="tcEmailLbl"></asp:TableCell>
    <asp:TableCell HorizontalAlign="Left" Runat="Server" ID="tcEmailTxt">
    <asp:TextBox ID="txtEmail" Width="200" MaxLength="100"
    Runat="Server"></asp:TextBox>
    <asp:RegularExpressionValidator Runat="Server" ID="revEmail1"
    ControlToValidate="txtEmail" display="dynamic" Text="Email Address must be
    less than 101 characters"
    ValidationExpression=".{0,101}"></asp:RegularExpressionValidator>
    <asp:RegularExpressionValidator Runat="Server" ID="revEmail2"
    ControlToValidate="txtEmail" display="dynamic" Text="Email Address must be
    formatted as "

    ValidationExpression="^[\w-\.]+@([\w-]+\.)+[\w-]{2,3}$"></asp:RegularExpressionValidator>
    </asp:TableCell>
    </asp:TableRow>
    <asp:TableRow ID="trUsername">
    <asp:TableCell HorizontalAlign="Right" Runat="Server"
    ID="tcUsernameLbl"></asp:TableCell>
    <asp:TableCell HorizontalAlign="Left" Runat="Server" ID="tcUsernameTxt">
    <asp:TextBox ID="txtUsername" Width="200" MaxLength="10"
    Runat="Server"></asp:TextBox>
    <asp:RegularExpressionValidator Runat="Server" ID="revUsername"
    ControlToValidate="txtUsername" display="dynamic"
    Text="User Name must be less than 11 characters"
    ValidationExpression=".{0,10}"></asp:RegularExpressionValidator>
    </asp:TableCell>
    </asp:TableRow>

    =?Utf-8?B?QmFyYg==?=, Feb 22, 2006