asp does not find table

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Terry On Windigo, Oct 31, 2006.

  1. I must have forgotten someting. I did something like this about 4 years ago
    and got it to work.
    Now I need to do it again and I get this error message:

    a.. Error Type:
    Microsoft JET Database Engine (0x80040E37)
    The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot find the input table or query
    'verify'. Make sure it exists and that its name is spelled correctly.
    /meddir/verifyreturn.asp, line 35

    b.. Browser Type:
    Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR
    2.0.50727; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)

    c.. Page:
    POST 50 bytes to /meddir/verifyreturn.asp

    This is my code, does anyone see where I've made my mistake.

    My table is at this physical location on the server (win 2000, latest
    service pack, IIS 5): d:\Inetpub\namcp.org\fpdb\verify.mdb

    This is my data.asp file:

    <%
    strConnect = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;" &_
    "Data Source=d:\Inetpub\namcp.org\fpdb\verify.mdb;" &_
    "Persist Security Info=False"
    %>

    This is my script that generate the error message from above:

    <%
    Option Explicit
    Dim strConnect
    %>
    <!-- #Include File="Data.asp" -->
    <head>
    <title>New Page 1</title>
    </head>
    <%
    Dim objconn, objrs
    Dim lcsql, strName, strEmail, strPassword, strCookie1, strCookie2

    Set objconn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
    Set objrs=Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")
    objconn.open strConnect

    strEmail = request.form("Email")
    Session("Email") = strEmail
    strPassword = request.form("password")
    Session("UserPassword") = strPassword

    'lcsql="select * FROM verify WHERE Email =
    '"+request.form("Email")+"' and password = '"+request.form("password")+"'"
    lcsql="select * FROM verify WHERE Email = ''"
    objrs.Open lcsql,objconn,0,1,1

    If objrs.EOF then
    %>
    <Script Language=VBscript>
    ReturnItem = msgbox( "Either your name or password was
    incorrect, try again.", vbOKOnly, "INCORRECT ENTRY")
    </Script>
    <%
    else
    Session("LoggedIn") = "StartUp"
    'Session("JobType") = objrs.fields("JobType")
    'Session("IDNumber") = objrs.fields("Password")
    Server.Transfer "Index_Copy(2).htm"
    end if

    objrs.Close
    objconn.Close

    Terry On Windigo, Oct 31, 2006

  2. Terry On Windigo

    CB Guest

    Does your database, named verify.mdb, actually contain a table named "verify"
    ?? If not you would get that message when the query tries to execute.

    CB, Oct 31, 2006

  3. Afraid I'm too old to name any born children after you but that's what I'd
    do. You saved me hours of scratching my head and losing what little hair I
    have left.

    Works like it should now. Thank you, thank you.

    Terry

    Terry On Windigo, Oct 31, 2006