asp & excel

bob

Hi All,

I've an asp page which brings back a query and displays it in a table. The
query takes around 30 seconds. Once the page displays they will have an
option to send it to excel. From the examples I've seen they all require the
query to be re-ran again in asp (i.e. server side scripting) and as it takes
30 seconds to start with I want to try and take out the repeat of the query.
Does anyone know of any way you can do this in asp by passing the already
executed table to asp or via any other method?

Many thanks,
Rob

Tom Kaminski [MVP]

bob said:
Hi All,

I've an asp page which brings back a query and displays it in a table.
The query takes around 30 seconds. Once the page displays they will have
an option to send it to excel. From the examples I've seen they all
require the query to be re-ran again in asp (i.e. server side scripting)
and as it takes 30 seconds to start with I want to try and take out the
repeat of the query. Does anyone know of any way you can do this in asp by
passing the already executed table to asp or via any other method?

Depending on how much data is returned, I guess you could write the HTML
table to a session variable.

--
Tom Kaminski IIS MVP
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/

M Bishop

We return the recordset as a response.write and use script to load excel and
populate the spreadsheet...

-mike