ASP fails to import typelib using METADATA tag when debugging

Kevin MacDonald

On my Windows 2003 machine, using the latest version of IIS, when I turn on server side debugging and attach a debugger the enums I have defined in a type library are no longer recognized in ASP. In my global.asa file I have a line similar to
<!--METADATA NAME="AtlasLib" TYPE="typelib" UUID="{E097D75B-B813-46f7-A3E8-F0D942270BE6}" --

When debugging is off the enums defined in this typelib are recognized just fine. As soon as I attached a debugger I get javascript errors that they are undefined. I don't think we are seeing this problem on Windows 2000 machines. Can anyone help me

Thanks.

George Hester

If you put the constants the enums in the page you are accessing then by rights you should get an error that the values are redefined. If not then the global.asa is not being read during the debugging.