    Is this the correct typelib if I'm running Exchange 2003?
    Or, is there a "CDO for Windows 2003 Library" that I should be using
    instead?

    Andyza, Oct 25, 2005

  2. Andyza

    Curt_C [MVP] Guest

    You are confusing Windows and Exchange....
    Did you try it? It should be fine.

    --
    Curt Christianson
    site: http://www.darkfalz.com

    Curt_C [MVP], Oct 25, 2005

  3. Andyza

    Andyza Guest

    Ok Curt, maybe I said it wrong... My site is on a Windows 2003 Server
    on my intranet and I use Exchange 2003 (on another server!) for
    sending/receiving email.

    The main point of the question was: since I'm hosting my site on a
    machine running Windows 2003 Server, is there a "CDO for Windows 2003
    Library" that I should be using instead of the "CDO for Windows 2000
    Library"?

    Is it still called "CDO for Windows 2000 Library" on Windows 2003
    Server?

    Andyza, Oct 26, 2005
  4. Andyza

    MyndPhlyp Guest

    "Andyza" <> wrote in message
    > Ok Curt, maybe I said it wrong... My site is on a Windows 2003 Server
    > on my intranet and I use Exchange 2003 (on another server!) for
    > sending/receiving email.
    >
    > The main point of the question was: since I'm hosting my site on a
    > machine running Windows 2003 Server, is there a "CDO for Windows 2003
    > Library" that I should be using instead of the "CDO for Windows 2000
    > Library"?
    >
    > Is it still called "CDO for Windows 2000 Library" on Windows 2003
    > Server?

    Maybe these will help:

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315197
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;280391

    The first one seems to be a little misleading. CDONTS (a.k.a., CDO 1.2.1)
    has been discontinued in favor of CDOSYS (a.k.a., CDO for Windows 2000).

    The second one is a little OT but it provides a couple of fairly thorough
    code examples.

    I am not exactly sure but CDO might be an optional installation component on
    Win03. To my knowledge there is no "CDO for Windows 2003"; it uses "CDO for
    Windows 2000."

    MyndPhlyp, Oct 26, 2005