    For example i call a.asp from internet explorer and i want to list b.asp 's
    elements.(input, button, etc...)

    Thanks alot.
    Erencans, Oct 27, 2005

  2. Erencans

    Roland Hall Guest

    "Erencans" wrote in message
    news:...

    : How can i find an asp file's TAG like input, button from another asp
    file...
    : For example i call a.asp from internet explorer and i want to list b.asp
    's
    : elements.(input, button, etc...)

    Use HTTPRequest in a.asp and then you'll have the source code of b.asp in a
    variable and you can then do anything you want with it.

    --
    Roland Hall
    or fitness for a particular purpose. */
    Roland Hall, Oct 27, 2005

  3. Erencans

    Evertjan. Guest

    Roland Hall wrote on 27 okt 2005 in

    > "Erencans" wrote in message
    >
    >: How can i find an asp file's TAG like input, button from another asp
    > file...
    >: For example i call a.asp from internet explorer and i want to list
    >: b.asp
    > 's
    >: elements.(input, button, etc...)
    >
    > Use HTTPRequest in a.asp and then you'll have the source code of b.asp
    > in a variable and you can then do anything you want with it.

    Well, not the source code, but the rendered html output.

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.
    Evertjan., Oct 27, 2005
  4. Erencans

    Erencans Guest

    Thanks for this info. In addition can i parse the variable's tag?

    Erencans, Oct 27, 2005
  5. Erencans

    MyndPhlyp Guest

    "Erencans" <> wrote in message
    > Hi All,
    > How can i find an asp file's TAG like input, button from another asp

    file...
    > For example i call a.asp from internet explorer and i want to list b.asp

    's
    > elements.(input, button, etc...)
    >
    > Thanks alot.

    Request.Form("x")

    where "x" is the name= attribute of the <input> or <button> or other form
    field. (BTW - there is limited browser support for <button>.)
    MyndPhlyp, Oct 27, 2005
  6. Erencans

    Roland Hall Guest

    "Evertjan." <> wrote in message
    : Roland Hall wrote on 27 okt 2005 in
    : microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
    :
    : > "Erencans" wrote in message
    : > news:...
    : >
    : >: How can i find an asp file's TAG like input, button from another asp
    : > file...
    : >: For example i call a.asp from internet explorer and i want to list
    : >: b.asp
    : > 's
    : >: elements.(input, button, etc...)
    : >
    : > Use HTTPRequest in a.asp and then you'll have the source code of b.asp
    : > in a variable and you can then do anything you want with it.
    : >
    :
    : Well, not the source code, but the rendered html output.

    Ah, yes, the HTML source is what I meant. Guess I screwed that pooch with
    my explanation.

    Roland Hall, Oct 27, 2005
  7. Erencans

    Roland Hall Guest

    "Erencans" wrote in message
    : Thanks for this info. In addition can i parse the variable's tag?

    It's helpful to follow along with the discussion when you post after

    You can parse the tags any number of ways, regular expressions, DOM, etc.

    Roland Hall, Oct 27, 2005
  8. Erencans

    Roland Hall Guest

    "MyndPhlyp" <> wrote in message
    (BTW - there is limited browser support for <button>.)

    There's limited browser support for type=button or are you referring to
    something else?

    Roland Hall, Oct 27, 2005
  9. Erencans

    MyndPhlyp Guest

    > "MyndPhlyp" <> wrote in message
    > (BTW - there is limited browser support for <button>.)
    >
    > There's limited browser support for type=button or are you referring to
    > something else?

    I refer specifically to the limited browser support of the <button> HTML
    tag, which is why my comment represents it as a tag and not "quoted text."
    The browser support is, dare I say it, universal for the <input type=button>
    HTML tag.
    MyndPhlyp, Oct 27, 2005
  10. Erencans

    Roland Hall Guest

    "MyndPhlyp" wrote in message news:...
    :
    : "Roland Hall" <nobody@nowhere> wrote in message
    : news:...
    : > "MyndPhlyp" <> wrote in message
    : > news:...
    : > (BTW - there is limited browser support for <button>.)
    : >
    : > There's limited browser support for type=button or are you referring to
    : > something else?
    :
    : I refer specifically to the limited browser support of the <button> HTML
    : tag, which is why my comment represents it as a tag and not "quoted text."
    : The browser support is, dare I say it, universal for the <input
    type=button>
    : HTML tag.

    My misunderstanding. Thanks for clarifying.

    Roland Hall, Oct 28, 2005