HELP! -- Redirection question

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by segis bata, Apr 14, 2007.

  1. segis bata

    segis bata Guest

    Hello all,

    I have a page (located at mywebsite/a.asp) that redirects to another page
    (theirwebsite/b.asp) located in other server. This other page probably will
    redirect to another link again (othersite/c.asp) and finally display the web
    page I want the user to see (finalwebsite/d.asp)

    What I want to do is, once they click the link (b.asp) located in the a.asp
    webpage, to load a "please wait" type of page, like Expedia does while
    looking for information; and that "please wait" page should appear until the
    redirection process gets to the final page (d.asp)

    Since all the pages (after a.asp) are located outside our server (and we
    can't access the code in those pages), how can I do that?!? Please be as
    detailed as possible or point me where I can find info about how to do this.

    Currently we're using ASP 3.0 running on a Win2003 SP1 server machine

    Thanks in advance,
    SB-R
    segis bata, Apr 14, 2007

  2. segis bata

    michal Guest

    you should take a look at asynchronous javascript calls ... i would
    suggest you download the prototypejs.org framework and solve this with
    an ajax-request...
    here is a nice tutorial: http://www.prototypejs.org/learn/introduction-to-ajax

    michal, Apr 14, 2007

  3. segis bata

    segis bata Guest

    Hello Michal,

    Thanks for your response but I'm not familiar with AJAX and there isn't any
    examples of how to do what I want to do; is there any other alternative?
    (using VBScript or JavaScript) or a URL where I can see examples on how to
    do this task?

    Thanks in advance,
    SB-R

    segis bata, Apr 14, 2007
  4. "segis bata" <> wrote in message
    > Hello all,
    >
    > I have a page (located at mywebsite/a.asp) that redirects to another page
    > (theirwebsite/b.asp) located in other server. This other page probably

    will
    > redirect to another link again (othersite/c.asp) and finally display the

    web
    > page I want the user to see (finalwebsite/d.asp)
    >
    > What I want to do is, once they click the link (b.asp) located in the

    a.asp
    > webpage, to load a "please wait" type of page, like Expedia does while
    > looking for information; and that "please wait" page should appear until

    the
    > redirection process gets to the final page (d.asp)
    >
    > Since all the pages (after a.asp) are located outside our server (and we
    > can't access the code in those pages), how can I do that?!? Please be as
    > detailed as possible or point me where I can find info about how to do

    this.

    > Currently we're using ASP 3.0 running on a Win2003 SP1 server machine
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    > SB-R

    'mywebsite/externallink.asp
    <head>
    content="1;<%=Server.HTMLEncode(Request.QueryString("url"))%>" />
    </head>
    Please wait while you are redirected ....

    Change links to external sites from

    http://theirwebsite/b.asp

    /externallink.asp?url=<%Server.URLEncode("http://theirwebsite/b.asp")%>
    Anthony Jones, Apr 15, 2007
  5. segis bata

    michal Guest

    yeah redirect is also possible but you have no chance to show the
    ajax is not difficult .. if you are familiar with javascript its not
    a big deal ...
    check this http://www.prototypejs.org/api/ajax/request
    thats exactly what you need...

    michal, Apr 17, 2007