httpmodule redirection

RJN

Hi

I've an issue with httpmodule redirect. We are migrating an existing
application and want the users to get redirected to the new pages when
they type the old url.

for eg., if they enter something like http://mysite/catalog/products ,I
would want them to get redirected to
http://mysite/products/default.aspx

The new site is on IIS7 and due to some issue I've to run in classic
mode.

Since the request does not contain any page name, the http module is
never hit and not able to redirect. If I change the input url to include
page name like http://mysite/catalog/products/default.asp, then the
redirection is working fine. The issue I feel, since the request does
not contain any page name, it doesn't go through the http runtime but
handled by IIS itself. Had the IIS was on integrated mode, then I could
have taken advantage of the integrated pipeline mode and this would have
worked.

Could you tell me, how I can use the httpmodule to handle requests that
do not go through asp.net runtime? I've a similar requirement to
authorize virtual directories and http module doesn't work there too

Thanks

Osamede.Zhang

[...]

*** Sent via Developersdexhttp://www.developersdex.com***

you need map all the requests to ASP.NET.
http://blogs.microsoft.co.il/blogs/dorony/archive/2007/12/15/using-asp-net-mvc-on-iis-5.aspx