ASP got corrupted somehow?

CB

I have a humble development server that I have used to write ASP applications
for six years. Suddenly it seems to choke on any script that uses the
filesystem object. The script just hangs (browser waits forever) and after
that, the entire web application (as defined in the IIS manager) stops
working. Scripts that don't include the filesystem object are just dished to
the browser, unprocessed. Other web applications on the same server continue
to run as normal, but can be killed off one by one by running a script within
them that calls the filesystem object.

It sounds to me (no expert) like something just got corrupted, and needs to
be re-installed, but I am not sure what or how. Any suggestions?

I am not even sure if asp.dll includes everything, or if pieces like the
filesystem object are separate dlls. Nor can I find asp components on the
Microsoft website to reinstall, since they seem to consider it obsolete, and
only talk about dot.net.

Egbert Nierop \(MVP for IIS\)

CB said:
I have a humble development server that I have used to write ASP
applications
for six years. Suddenly it seems to choke on any script that uses the
filesystem object. The script just hangs (browser waits forever) and
after

That is, because your humble virus protector, has blocked the
filesystemobject, which is infamous for being used in virusses.
All about it:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=295375