    Note - The database is in MS Access (no relations have been created)

    Can anyone provide me good content-specific links that will help me this
    Thank you.

    *** HAWK, Nov 20, 2003

  2. *** HAWK

    Steven Burn Guest

    So basically you want a shopping cart type thing?

    There are plenty of examples on www.planet-source-code.com

    --

    Regards

    Steven Burn
    Ur I.T. Mate Group
    www.it-mate.co.uk

    Keeping it FREE!

    Disclaimer:
    *** HAWK <> wrote in message
    > I'm trying to make a music CD webpage (eg hmv.com) using ASP. I want it to
    > follow these guidelines:
    > All visitors should be able to obtain a list of
    > 1 - all CDs in the database listed by A-Z by arist name
    > 2 - CD's which price is within a range (minimum & maximum) specified by

    the

    Steven Burn, Nov 20, 2003

  3. Sounds like a perfectly reasonable program spec to me...what exactly do you
    need help on?

    William Morris, Nov 20, 2003
  4. *** HAWK

    *** HAWK Guest

    Ok. My database called 'cdshop.mdb' has 3 tables as follows:
    1 - 'tblMusicAlbums'
    2 - 'tblMusicTracks'
    3 - 'tblPasswords'

    Fields in 'tblMusicAlbums' are: "AlbumID" "AlbumTitle" "Artist"
    "MusicCategoryID" "Label" "ReleaseDate" "NumberOfTracks"

    Fields in 'tblMusicTracks' are:
    "TrackID" "AlbumID" "TrackNumber" "TrackTitle"

    Fields in 'tblPasswords' are:
    "Username" "Password"

    I am making an *.asp file that will connect to the database using a DSN-Less
    connection at home (although this is for testing purposes at home - I will
    need to alter this to a DSN connection once its completed)

    The main priorities of the site are as follows:
    Using a series of input fields /jump menus / submit buttons the visitor must
    be able to do the following:
    1 - Obtain a list of ALL CD's in the database listed A-Z by Artist
    2 - Obtain a list of CD's by a certain artist listed by release date
    3 - Obtain a list of CD's whose price is within a range (minimum & maximum)
    as specified by the user.
    4 - Obtain a list of titles of the tracks on any selected CD
    5 - CD's whose overall CD title or track titles contains a keyword input by
    the visitor
    6 - Create an login that will enable only 'admin users' to obtain a list of
    CD's in order of interest as measured by the number of equiries about each
    CD retrieved in requirement 4 (eg no of hits per CD/Album)

    The database contains 20+ albums (only small scale for this purpose is
    needed). Using SQL to perform the actions as mentioned earlier.

    Thanks. let me know if this isn't very clear. remember I am somewhat a
    beginner to ASP so please be gentle with me :)

    *** HAWK, Nov 21, 2003
  5. *** HAWK

    *** HAWK Guest

    Ideally, I just need web resources that help me going with setting up the
    SQL in relation to the form objects.
    I hope what I'm sayin is making sense - tell me if it isn't :)

    *** HAWK, Nov 21, 2003