asp instead of aspx

Richard Meetze

Is it popssible to make aspx pages with the extension of asp? I am
redisging an ASP site to .Net and we need to have the same links, I
know I could just go to every ASP page and redirect them to the correct
ASPX page, but this is a HUGE waste of time. Anyone know of a way to
have asp extension process them as aspx pages? The site will have no
need for classic asp.

Thanks

Peter Rilling

If you go into IIS, you can change the properties for a virtual root or
website so that ASP pages are processed with aspnet_isapi filter. Look in
the properties of the virtual root for a configuration dialog. From there
you can change the mapping.