ASP / LDAP Authentication

Zak Humphries

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone can help with this, im trying to write some asp to
allow a select number of users to update certain values in Active Directory,
the problem I have is passing the right credentials to AD.

if I use GetObject, or OpenDSObject it uses the credenitals of the
webserver, which is no good. Is there anyway I can pass the currenltly
logged on credentials to these functions, or is the only way I can do this
to specify the username/password during the bind, like in the following
example.

Set oNamesp = GetObject("LDAP:")
Set oObj = oNamesp.OpenDSObject("LDAP://" & request.QueryString("DN"),
"administrator CN", "password",ADS_SECURE_AUTHENTICATION)
oObj.put "givenName", "Jane"
oObj.setinfo

Any help would be greatly appreciated.