Help -- Authenticating user against LDAP using ASP

DejaUser

I have been strugling with this one for few weeks now. I hope to get
some help here.

Following code works fine, except that I have to hard-code the user's
fullpath (2nd parameter of the OpenDSObject() method).

Here is the code:

--------------------------

sub login5(uid, password)

Dim userName, ldapserver, dso, lobjUser, ldap_path

ldap_path = "LDAP://servername/dc=domain,dc=com"
userName =
"uid=#userid#,ou=int7,ou=internal,ou=people,c=us,cn=users,dc=domain,dc=com"
userName = Replace(userName, "#userid#", uid)

' Connect to the LDAP Directory
Set dso = GetObject("LDAP:")

'Validate the User Name and Password
Set lobjUser = dso_OpenDSObject(ldap_path, userName, password, 0)

If Err.number <> 0 Then
Response.Write "AUTHENTICATION FAILURE!"
Set lobjUser = nothing
Set dso = nothing
Else
Response.Write "SUCCESS!"
end if
end sub

For this this work, I need to know exact path of the user

i.e. userName =
"uid=#userid#,ou=int7,ou=internal,ou=people,c=us,cn=users,dc=domain,dc=com"

Is there anyway to do something like this or is there a better
approach? I just want to pass in a userid and password and let it
search the whole directory for the given uid to authenticate.

userName = "uid=#userid#,ou=*,ou=*,ou=*,c=*,cn=*,dc=domain,dc=com"
Thanks