Authenticate User with LDAP

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by Hutty, Aug 12, 2008.

  1. Hutty

    Hutty Guest

    I am new at trying to authenticate users against LDAP. I am getting the error
    "Unable to establish secure connection with the server" with my current code.
    Here's what I have thus far.

    <add name="ADConnectionString"
    connectionString="LDAP://ldap-r.hutty.com:389/cn=finmed,ou=roles,dc=hutty,dc=com"/>
    <add name="MyADMembershipProvider"
    type="System.Web.Security.ActiveDirectoryMembershipProvider, System.Web,
    Version=2.0.0.0,
    Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"
    connectionStringName="ADConnectionString"
    connectionUsername="cn=finmed,ou=roles,dc=hutty,dc=com"
    connectionPassword="password" />

    This is the information that directory services provided to me.

    Name= Value
    LDAP Username (Simple Bind)= cn=finmed,ou=roles,dc=hutty,dc=com
    LDAP URL= ldaps://ldap-r.hutty.com:636
    LDAP Searchbase= ou=people,dc=hutty,dc=com
    UserID Attribute Name= uid
    Simple or Anonymous Bind?= Simple

    Any help appreciated. Thanks.

    --