ASP:Menu

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by =?Utf-8?B?SmltSGVhdmV5?=, Mar 16, 2007.

  1. I have created an ASP:Menu which is Horizontal and has dynamic menu items.
    If I move my cursor to one of the static menu selections and click on it
    (which should cause nothing to happen), my screen is refreshed and the menu
    item "disappears". You can see that the item is there but the color of the
    menu item changes to a color which makes it disappear. It would appear to me
    that the <StaticSelectedStyle> would be the style which would be utilized if
    the menu item is selected, but it appears to have not effect. I specify in
    that option that the ForeColor is to be black, but the letters do not show up
    as black. If I change the BackColor to Red, then indeed the back color does
    change to red when the item is selected, but the color of the text does not
    follow the "Forecolor" rule. The Dynamic menu when it displays the items,
    the "Forcolor" of the menu items are a slightly lighter shade of the back
    color of the Static menu items. It would appear to me that this is the color
    which is retained when I select a static Menu Item.

    Any Ideas as to what I might be doing wrong to get the colors all hosed
    up...here is a subset of the code which is applicable....

    <asp:Menu ID="mnuLeftMenu" runat="server" Orientation="Horizontal"
    BackColor="#2D7335" DynamicHorizontalOffset="2" Font-Bold="True"
    Font-Names="Verdana" Font-Size="1em" ForeColor="Black"
    StaticSubMenuIndent="10px">
    <StaticMenuItemStyle HorizontalPadding="5px"
    VerticalPadding="2px" />
    <StaticHoverStyle BackColor="White"
    ForeColor="White" />
    <StaticSelectedStyle BackColor="White"
    ForeColor="Red" />
    <DynamicHoverStyle BackColor="#284E98"
    ForeColor="OrangeRed" />
    <DynamicMenuStyle BackColor="#B5C7DE"
    ForeColor="White" />
    <DynamicSelectedStyle BackColor="#507CD1"
    ForeColor="White"/>
    <DynamicMenuItemStyle HorizontalPadding="5px"
    VerticalPadding="2px" />
    =?Utf-8?B?SmltSGVhdmV5?=, Mar 16, 2007