    are MYSQL and Oracle supported,

    thanks

    Portroe

    Portroe, Feb 5, 2004

  2. Portroe

    Jeff Cochran Guest

    On Thu, 05 Feb 2004 20:47:35 +0100, Portroe <> wrote:

    >I am currently drawing up a sample server architecture for a windows
    >environment,
    >
    >from ASP is there any limitation on which Database one can work with, ie
    >are MYSQL and Oracle supported,

    No limits. As long as you can connect to the database, either ADO or
    ODBC, it will work.

    Jeff

    Jeff Cochran, Feb 5, 2004

  3. Portroe

    Portroe Guest

    would it make sense to choose MSSQL, if that were a choice?

    thanks

    Portroe, Feb 5, 2004
  4. Portroe

    Ray at Guest

    YES. This is an expensive choice, though,

    Ray at work

    Ray at, Feb 5, 2004
  5. Portroe

    Guest Guest

    yea, but what is the problem with mySQL, huh?

    Guest, Feb 5, 2004
  6. "<spider/>" <> wrote in message
    > yea, but what is the problem with mySQL, huh?

    No stored procedures yet...

    Chris Hohmann, Feb 6, 2004
  7. Portroe

    Ryan N. Guest

    Look into PostgreSQL at http://www.postresql.org

    --
    Cheers!

    Ryan N.
    ---------------------------------
    Funny...this worked yesterday....

    Ryan N., Feb 6, 2004
  8. Portroe

    Guest Guest

    hm, i heard that its already supports it.
    heh, looks like im lucky enough that i moved into xmldb instead wasteing
    time on sql-like stuff...

    "Chris Hohmann" <> wrote in message
    : "<spider/>" <> wrote in message
    : news:bvul4l$106fg3$-berlin.de...
    : > yea, but what is the problem with mySQL, huh?
    :
    : No stored procedures yet...
    :
    :

    Guest, Feb 6, 2004
  9. "<spider/>" <> wrote in message
    > "Chris Hohmann" <> wrote in message
    > : "<spider/>" <> wrote in message
    > : news:bvul4l$106fg3$-berlin.de...
    > : > yea, but what is the problem with mySQL, huh?
    > :
    > : No stored procedures yet...
    > :
    > :
    >
    > hm, i heard that its already supports it.
    > heh, looks like im lucky enough that i moved into xmldb instead

    wasteing
    > time on sql-like stuff...

    Stored procedures are implemented in version 5.0. However, MySQL 5.0 is
    still in development. and not recommended for production environments.
    MySQL 4.0 is the production release.
    Here's a list of some of the other features slated for version 5.0:

    http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/TODO_MySQL_5.0.html

    HTH
    -Chris Hohmann

    Chris Hohmann, Feb 6, 2004
  10. Portroe

    Jeff Cochran Guest

    On Thu, 05 Feb 2004 22:02:32 +0100, Portroe <> wrote:

    >would it make sense to choose MSSQL, if that were a choice?

    Sure.

    Jeff

    Jeff Cochran, Feb 6, 2004
  11. Portroe

    Jeff Cochran Guest

    On Thu, 5 Feb 2004 16:23:53 -0800, "Chris Hohmann"
    <> wrote:

    >"<spider/>" <> wrote in message
    >> yea, but what is the problem with mySQL, huh?

    >No stored procedures yet...

    Version 5 has stored procedures, just no triggers. Which kind of
    makes some stored procedures useless, but it's better than nothing.

    Jeff

    Jeff Cochran, Feb 6, 2004