ASP.NET 2.0 and SQL Server Access

dm1608

Hi -

What NT user account must I setup with SQL Server to allow for NT
Authenticated logins for my ASP.NET to SQL Server applications?

I see a bunch of folks recommend using integrated security, but no mention
to what account needs to be setup within SQL to allow for this. Is it
IUSR_machinename?

I'm running boht WinXP Pro with SQL Server 2000 and W2K3 with SQL Server
2005.

Thanks

Norman Yuan

The user account you use to run your ASP.NET app. It depends on your
decision. ASP.NET app runs under local ASPNET or Network Services account by
default. However, you may impersonate your app to run under other user
account, based on your need. So, you have to know/decide exactly which user
account is used for your ASP.NET app.