ASP.NET 2.0 beta. To early?

Flare

Hi

We are starting our implementation of a medium scale web application. The
delivery is set to last february so it is "close" the release of Net 2.0.
Would it be both legal and wise to develope this web app in 2.0 beta and use
final when the product going "in production".

1. Is it legal to use VS. 2005 stud. to develope commercial applications?
2. Is there a "beta2" before final?
3. Is the current beta ready for nonproduction but stable code
deevelopement?

Thanks in regards
Anders Jacobsen, Denmark

Karl Seguin

I can answer most of your questions by saying that Beta2 will have a go-live
license.

From that, you can imply that there will be a beta 2. That beta1 doesn't
have a go-live license (so you can't develop and actually ship/launch with
beta 1) and that it will likely have some level of stability (although
microsoft would never publically stand by that since this is beta and you
are really developing at your own risk).

I'd do it and plan on it...

Karl

Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]

Karl is right.
With Beta 2 you will be able to legally develop systems with ASP.NET 2.0.
Of course you should expect some bugs until the final release which will
likely be well into next year some time.

Flare

With Beta 2 you will be able to legally develop systems with ASP.NET 2.0.
Of course you should expect some bugs until the final release which will
likely be well into next year some time.

Any clue when beta 2 aprox wil be out. This year meybe?

Anders J, Denmark

Scott Allen

Opps - you are right Phillip. I was referring to the final release.
Beta 2 I haven't really heard a date.

John Timney \(Microsoft MVP\)

If you are expecting to deploy on Beta 2 then be aware that features
available now may not be in the final release. All code is subject to
change.

--
Regards

John Timney
Microsoft Regional Director
Microsoft MVP

Sam Gentile [MVP-.NET/C#]

The December CTP released Dec 23rd identifies itself as Beta 2.

Adesso Systems

Sam Gentile

Chief Architect

http://samgentile.com/blog/

Microsoft MVP - C#/.NET, INETA Speaker, Beantown.NET UG Leader