ASP.Net 2.0 Menu Slow

GroupReader

Has anyone had any luck using the ASP.net 2.0 Menu control asp:menu?

It seems to work great for small pages, but when there is a lot of
data on the page, it renders really slowly. Like when you have a
Gridview with 1000 rows. The menu hover event takes a couple
*seconds* to respond. I found posts about this dating back to 1/2006,
but I have not found a solution. Any help would be appreciated.

Also, it is unusably slow in IE 6, really fast in FireFox, and I hear
it is fast in IE7 also, but I need to target IE 6.

Thanks!

GroupReader

Gee, thanks for nothing.

You guys are missing the point: the amount of data on the page should
have nothing to do with the menu control. How is it that the menu
control is affected by the data on the page? Also, I don't really
have a page with a 1000 rows - I was just using that as a simplistic
example. It's the easiest way to reproduce the "performance bug" in
the menu control.

So, again, has *anyone* out there had any luck using the ASP.net menu
control with IE 6? Anyone feedback from people with actual experience
with this control would be greatly appreciated. (I'm getting the
impression that no one uses this thing)

Thanks!

Mark Rae

So, again, has *anyone* out there had any luck using the ASP.net menu
control with IE 6? Anyone feedback from people with actual experience
with this control would be greatly appreciated. (I'm getting the
impression that no one uses this thing)

I use the <asp:Menu> a lot, and always test my sites against IE6 (for the
moment, anyway...) - never had a problem with it...