    2005 query, but results come back rather fast. It seems to me that
    caching is not there. Any suggestions?

    Thanks in advance

    Roman, Aug 14, 2006

  2. "Roman" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I am looking to improve the performance of my application. The result
    > page is 17k but it takes years to come up. There is an underlying sql
    > 2005 query, but results come back rather fast. It seems to me that
    > caching is not there. Any suggestions?

    Hi,

    This newsgroup is not about ASP NET 2.0 but about classic asp pages.

    However, if you want to optimze your query, check for existence of indexes
    on your table, and whether or not (use SQL Profiler to check these facts)
    they are used by your Query!

    Famous for performance-downs are queries on dates! Since an expression on a
    date in a SQL statement, cannot be indexed (just a sample what could go
    wrong).

    Egbert Nierop \(MVP for IIS\), Aug 14, 2006