ASP.NET 2.0 stopped working - please help!

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Chris, Aug 3, 2006.

  1. Chris

    Chris Guest

    ASP.NET 2.0 was working fine, then I installed XP SP2 an it stopped
    working. Unfortunately I do need SP2 so going back to SP1 is not an
    option.
    I am quite certain that it was working for a while after SP2 was
    installed - so not quite sure what has happened...anyway here is the
    low-down:

    When accessing .aspx pages IIS opens a connection and keeps it open -
    eventually it times out. The web-browser just hangs until it times out.

    The ASP.NET tab is missing from the IIS plugin too...absolutely nothing
    I do gets it back. Removing registry entries (as recommended by some
    fixes) and complete reinstall of IIS and re-run of iis_reg does
    nothing.

    Absolute nightmare...any ideas anyone?

    Thanks,

    Chris.
    Chris, Aug 3, 2006

  2. Chris

    Ramu Guest

    Try installing ASP.NET in IIS.

    use c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v1.2.*\aspnet_regiis.exe -i

    Hth,
    Ramu
    Ramu, Aug 3, 2006