asp.net 2.0 web form contents to text file

bgreer5050

I have a simple web form with text boxes that my user fills out and
upon submit I get a copy emailed to me. I would like those same
values to be stored in a text file or csv file on the IIS server,
using ASP.NET 2.0.

I am sure there is a simple example already available on the
web.......can someone help me find it?

Thanks

densial

I have a simple web form with text boxes that my user fills out and
upon submit I get a copy emailed to me. I would like those same
values to be stored in a text file or csv file on the IIS server,
using ASP.NET 2.0.

I am sure there is a simple example already available on the
web.......can someone help me find it?

Thanks

you'll need to set either iis_wpg or aspnet user to have write access
to a directory, can't remember which one. if your server is hosted,
you might need to get in touch with your providor.

then simply google "write to a file in vb.net" for instructions on how
to write to a file.

I suggest making an individual file for each email with a unique name
(google "guid in vb.net for how to make a guid, or better still name
the file after the year+month+day+hour+minute+second, or something
else).

cheers,
denz.

Mark Rae [MVP]

I suggest making an individual file for each email with a unique name
(google "guid in vb.net for how to make a guid, or better still name
the file after the year+month+day+hour+minute+second, or something
else).

I usually have one log file per day for this sort of thing - makes it a bit
more manageable...