    for doing simple form fields to DB? Any suggestions would be greatly
    appreciated.

    , Jul 19, 2007

  2. Alan Silver Guest

    In article <>,
    writes
    >A lot of the work I do in web development tends to be a set of web
    >forms allowing a user to apply for a product or service which has
    >usually resulted in me writing code behind to read the form field
    >values and then create business objects which are commited to the
    >DB.
    >
    >In ASP.NET 2.0 i know there is a lot of improvements to make
    >databinding much simpler (and in the code-infront) however most of it
    >revolves around the gridview dealing with lots of records. Does
    >anyone have any example of using any of the new features in ASP.NET2.0
    >for doing simple form fields to DB? Any suggestions would be greatly
    >appreciated.

    I think the data sets might be what you want. Have a look on www.asp.net
    for the data tutorials. They show you how do set up data sets, use them
    to populate form fields and (more to the point for you) how to use them
    to save data from a form to a db.

    They are pretty easy to use, and allow you to do what you are asking
    with basically zero coding.

    HTH

    --
    Alan Silver