ASP.NET 2.0 web page - no more grid layout?

Rob R. Ainscough

In ASP.NET 1.1 I had grid layout option, in ASP.NET 2.0 it seems flow
control is my only option??

Is this correct? If so, how do I position the controls where I what them to
appear?

Thanks, Rob.

Andrew Robinson

Tools -> Options -> HTML Designer -> CSS Positioning -> Change positioning
to the following.... (Absolutely positioned)

Rob R. Ainscough

Andrew,

yes -- just found it, thanks Rob.

Andrew Robinson said:
Tools -> Options -> HTML Designer -> CSS Positioning -> Change positioning
to the following.... (Absolutely positioned)

Guest

Yes. Thanks Rob. I wasted half a day trying to figure out why I could not
move anything on 1.1 designed form. Any idea why I cannot use the selection
arrow to multi select objects by drawing a box around them? I have to use
Ctrl + Shift to multi select.

Mark Denardo

I can't find ->HTML Designer under Tools->Options. Are you guys referring
to VS or some other ASP editor?

Mark Denardo

Nevermind, I had to add those menu items...which seems like a silly thing I
"had" to do.