ASP.NET 2 apps and Win XP 64

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Hugo, Jul 12, 2005.

  1. Hugo

    Hugo Guest

    I have a dual boot machine, runs Win XP pro and Win XP Pro 64, XP boots from
    C and XP 64 boots from D.

    They both have VS 2005 Beta 2 installed.

    I have a webapp developed in Win XP (32) which has gone well and runs fine
    in XP.

    I Now want to get this same app running under IIS on XP 64.

    I have had some issues as it is unclear exactly how to do this, but I played
    around with Publish option in VS 2005 IDE and got the app copied or whatever,
    to the Default Web Site, the app is invisible in the Admin Tools.

    I can open and build the project in VS 2005 in XP 64, this is OK.

    But

    I cannot debug it (it says debugging not enabled or something)

    I cannot start it in IE, when I tried I got this

    The current identity (NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE) does not have write
    access to 'D:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50215\Temporary ASP.NET
    Files'.

    Now I dont want to go changing the access rights to this dir, this seems the
    wrong way to go.

    Now I may have had a bogus URL when I got the above message, I cant tell
    which is actually correct because noen of my attempts work.

    Also unlike in XP 32, the IIS folder has a new node (with a small yellow
    gear wheel) for various "application" modules or assemblies (cant recall the
    exact term).

    So any guidance is much appreciatred.

    If it is easier, I can redo the whole thing, the ASP web app is in a fodler
    on my Drive C (the solution folder created when running Win32).

    So if it ieasier to start again, then please explain the steps, do I
    manually create a virtual dir? do I run the "Publish" option in the IDE or do
    si do something else?

    What I want is to be able to work on the project source from either the Win
    32 or the Win 64 boot, with each OS having its own IIS so I can access the
    site whichever OS I have booted.

    Many tahnks
    Hugh

    Hugo, Jul 12, 2005

  2. There was no way for you to know it, but this is a classic asp newsgroup.
    While you may be lucky enough to find a dotnet-knowledgeable person here who
    can answer your question, you can eliminate the luck factor by posting your
    suggest microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.

    --
    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
    "NO SPAM"

    Bob Barrows [MVP], Jul 12, 2005