ASP.NET 2 apps and Win XP 64

Hugo

I have a dual boot machine, runs Win XP pro and Win XP Pro 64, XP boots from
C and XP 64 boots from D.

They both have VS 2005 Beta 2 installed.

I have a webapp developed in Win XP (32) which has gone well and runs fine
in XP.

I Now want to get this same app running under IIS on XP 64.

I have had some issues as it is unclear exactly how to do this, but I played
around with Publish option in VS 2005 IDE and got the app copied or whatever,
to the Default Web Site, the app is invisible in the Admin Tools.

I can open and build the project in VS 2005 in XP 64, this is OK.

But

I cannot debug it (it says debugging not enabled or something)

I cannot start it in IE, when I tried I got this

The current identity (NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE) does not have write
access to 'D:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50215\Temporary ASP.NET
Files'.

Now I dont want to go changing the access rights to this dir, this seems the
wrong way to go.

Now I may have had a bogus URL when I got the above message, I cant tell
which is actually correct because noen of my attempts work.

Also unlike in XP 32, the IIS folder has a new node (with a small yellow
gear wheel) for various "application" modules or assemblies (cant recall the
exact term).

So any guidance is much appreciatred.

If it is easier, I can redo the whole thing, the ASP web app is in a fodler
on my Drive C (the solution folder created when running Win32).

So if it ieasier to start again, then please explain the steps, do I
manually create a virtual dir? do I run the "Publish" option in the IDE or do
si do something else?

What I want is to be able to work on the project source from either the Win
32 or the Win 64 boot, with each OS having its own IIS so I can access the
site whichever OS I have booted.

Many tahnks
Hugh

Bob Barrows [MVP]

While you may be lucky enough to find a dotnet-knowledgeable person here who
can answer your question, you can eliminate the luck factor by posting your
suggest microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.